04 February 2013

Hero Arts February Challenge -Love and Lace- Fun Folds

With Valentines Day coming up, I was reminded of a card I designed in 2005 that I thought was a bit of fun, and worth repeating in a more up to date form. I sat down and made this card last night...........I am quite pleased with the way it has turned out. It's a more masculine card, and that is fine, I'm a gal so I can give it to my fella.
Having made the card, I wondered if it would fit into any Challenges. Lo and behold, I discovered Hero Arts challenges for this month so I thought it would fit right in. I don't know that the folds are terribly innovative, but it's an idea to share I think. It fits into the Love part of the 'Love and Lace' Challenge.

Here is the card:- Click on the image to enlarge.



 
 
These are the products used:-
 
 

 
 
The card is made with two A2 cards placed one inside the other.
Make the left hand card as you would normally. I used the HA's Envelope pattern (S5507) stamp for the background. This made it very easy to place the elements on the diagonal.
 
 
Draw a pencil line along side the red card as shown.
 
 
Add adhesive on the back side of the black card within the pencil line.
 
 
Attach the black card to the red card. Add adhesive to the front side ot the black card.
 
 
Close the red card to secure.
 
 
 
Cut the message inner square, half an inch smaller than the finished outer card size. Stamp and embellish. I placed a brad on the exposed corner. This gives strength to the corner and something to hang on to. 
Below are the original cards I made back in 2005. You can tell......LOTS of Krylon pen on all the edges!!
 
This was the first one I made.
 
 
The next card was made for a Swap. The saying on the inside was written in my Autograph Book (remember these) by my Grandmother about 45 years ago. I love it!!
 
 
 
 
The last one was made for a friend for Christmas.
I made the background paper using acrylic paint and stamping. It remains my favorite background to this day. I have an ATC sized piece left....precious!!
 
 
 
That's it for now....I hope you enjoy.
Thanks for visiting.
 
 
 
 

No comments: