I made two cards (in separate posts).
This is the first card.
The fabric of the dress inspired me to make several pieces of inked watercolor paper to use on the card.
I used a Distress stain, a Distress reinker and white acrylic paint.
I 'dobbed' the colors liberally on a clear plastic sheet then pressed the watercolor paper into it.
The different mediums reacted in a slightly different way on the paper.
The distress inks are translucent and the acrylic paint is Opaque.
When they were dry I stamped a foliage stamp over the top in pigment ink.
The final layer was a fine mist of sealant...this intensified the colors.
Anyway here is the result. Four pieces of patterned paper.
On this card I gold embossed a wee leafy image.
The butterfly comes from a stamp set I have had for a few years. It doesn't have a makers name. It is red rubber that is mounted on a gray, self adhesive foam.
The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Stamp set 'Many Birthday Messages' (CL611)
I added a few sequins and gems.
TIP :- The butterfly antennae are made from the green paper-covered wire that is used for stems on paper flowers. I keep the off cuts.
Cut a length of this wire, color it if necessary, then fold it loosely in half.
Push the folded end into a piece of Blu-tac.
Squeeze a wee drop of Liquid Pearls on each end. Leave to dry.
Glue the folded end to the underside of the butterfly's head with a good glue.
On to the next card..................