14 June 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge ric#37 - Fashion East

I made so many attempts at this challenge, but the cards I made all looked bitty and disconnected.
I had chosen to do a collage style card, and I felt the repeat stamping needed something more solid to add a contrast and anchor it. To my eyes anyway.

To go to the RIC blog, click on the fashion inspiration photo below.

 
Here is my card. I love this style.

The sentiments are from various Hero Arts clear stamp sets.
Die cut Butterflies are Cuttlebug and Martha Stewart.
I punched the windows in the black card with a tag punch I have had for some time. Called A Whale of a Punch from memory.
The Edge punch is EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Edger Punch - Round Binding Edge.

Once again, thank you for dropping by.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, that is a beautiful take on the inspiration photo - in awe of this design!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely red white and black card...great interpretation from the Photo challenge...love your idea ..sweet butterfly with flower and nice arrangement..beautifully done Karen

Pamela said...

Wow I love this collage of sentiment stamping in red and black! Wonderful take on the dress! Thanks for joining us on the Runway this week!