22 August 2013

The Shabby Tearoom's Week #180 Challenge 'Material Girl'

Just look at this gorgeous image from The Shabby Tearoom's Challenge this week .................. SOOOOOO beautiful.
Well, it really bought out the 'do something more then a card' in me. I am sure that was due to the fabulous baskets from the DT girls....just yummmm!!! So this is a first for me, and what fun it was, good and bad. The process of making a wee bag from scratch without a pattern or a 'how to' was, well, let's just say, I learnt a lot, about what NOT to do.
 
 
 
 
Here is the result.................
 
 
I rolled the flowers using knit mesh for the white flowers, and quilting cotton for the Aqua flowers. This filled the material and flowers criteria for the challenge.
 
 
I knew all along the bag would have tissue inside. This was provided by the beautiful packing in my parcel from Verve stamps that arrived a few days ago. Beautifully wrapped.
 
The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


 See what you think??

Thanks for your visit.
Happy creating....................

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, Karen! This is a winner for sure! Love those rolled roses and the pearl accents! Stunning work!

Clare said...

Oh WOW, this is stunning! LOVE the flowers!! beautiful!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous bag! Love the beautiful rolled flowers! I saw the entry at The Shabby Tea Room!
Glenda

Maria said...

Gorgeous gift bag with stunning flowers...well done!

Michelle said...

Oh my....how shabby and gorgeous!!! These flowers are too die for!

bristowmom said...

So beautiful and very creative!