28 January 2014

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #93 - Use an Ornament on your Christmas card.

Hello Again!! Firstly, I just want to say what a fabulous job you made of your cards with last weeks challenge colours.  It was really tough choosing the winners.

Here is the inspiration image for this weeks Merry Monday challenge.
Create a card with an Ornament/s. Have fun.

 


This weeks challenge definitively tested my metal. I kinda lost my Mojo :-(
The only concrete thought I had was..... I wanted one large decorated ornament. I ended up making three cards. The first two just weren't what I wanted my ornament card to feel like! What ever that means.


This was the last card I made.
I used lots of Lil' Inker Stitched dies for the base and bow (love them), and Spellbinders snowflake and standard dies for the ornament. The old gold mirror board, and the pearlised gold paper, hark back to the cards I made 8 years ago. There's a glitter board layer too.The 'Joy' is Papertrey Ink. The card is finished with a piece of pearl chain for the 'drop' from the bow and a few rhinestones etc.






Here are the first cards.




May your Mojo always be in your favour!! LOL
Happy creating!.

19 comments:

Lesley said...

All three are stunning! Love them. The last one is so pretty in pink and green. Love the blue too! The gold one packs a punch!

Bonnie said...

I think the first 2 cards you made are lovely, but I'm glad you didn't stop there. The gold card is so elegant and special! WOW!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

OMG - Karen your cards are absolutely A-MAZING!!

Wendy said...

All 3 cards are so pretty & beautiful, Karen! Wowzers! The gold one really stands out with all the sparkle & shine from the gold paper. Love the bow! Have a great week! :)

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous cards. Love them all.

Karren said...

Fantastic cards, Karen and using any of the three for your challenge card would have worked. But your gold card really packs a punch. So detailed and the white is a good backdrop for the richness of the gold.

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! Karen all 3 of your cards are gorgeous and would have been perfect for this challenge. Thank you for sharing them all! So pretty! Have a great week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

You are way too hard on yourself Karen. All 3 cards are totally gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

STUNNING! Wow, I don't even know where to begin. You sound like me, making multiple cards, but really, they are all wonderful! The gold one really is gorgeous...I love all those dies and the papers are beautiful!

Katie Melhus said...

All three of these are great, but sometimes you just have to keep plugging away until it feels right. The gold card is stunning, and I'm in love with those dies, and the way you layered them is perfect! :)

Marybeth said...

Love all three cards Karen. Wow! You outdid yourself ,the one you chose is also stunning with all the gorgeous gold and beautiful dies. Thanks for showing all three. Love your cards!

Notes by Nina said...

All three cards are beautiful Karen, the gold one though is stunning.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness Karen!! All of your cards are absolutely stunning! I adore the one you chose, but the others are equally beautiful! I think I have every single die you used on the gold one, so I'm going to pin that prettiness so I can CASE it one day! Amazing work!

Lori Turner said...

I love all 3 cards, Karen!! The gold one you chose is beautiful, but I love all 3 ;) WTG!

Julia Aston said...

I love all of your ornament cards here! Each so pretty in it's design - the gold IS stunning on the first one!

Diane said...

All your designs are so pretty Karen.

Hugs diane

Judy1223 said...

Karen, I aodre all three cards but I am in LOVE with the third card! ADORE!!!

Greta said...

I love them all, Karen! Have to say, though, the gold one does stand out--gorgeous details & so elegant--love it!

Susan Joyce said...

Lots of gorgeousness happening here, the last card is stunning Karen, I love all the gold.