20 February 2014

The Card Concept Challenge #4 - Use a floral theme on your card.

Hi Everyone, welcome to another Card Concept Challenge. This time, we are asking you to use a floral theme on your card.  As flowers are probably the most popular image used on cards, I am predicting a bumper crop in the gallery for this challenge.

Have a look at the gorgeous inspiration image. So pretty.


For my card, I imagined looking down on the vase/jar, focusing on the rim, the flower layers and the grey/green foliage. 
I love the wood 'Happiness' from Prima, the stitched circle dies from Lil' Inker, the Stitched File Folder & Index Card Dies from My Creative Time, and of course the Funky Floral stamp set /Notched Flowers die set from Papertrey Ink. The sentiment is from SSS and the wool leaves are die cut from my hand dyed wool.
To finish, I added a little twine and some pearls and sequins.



Inks: Hero Arts
Card: Kaiser and Neenah white

Do hop over to The Card Concept Challenge Blog to see the gorgeous cards created by the other design team members.
That's it from me.
Enjoy creating for this challenge over the next two weeks.

15 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Karen,your card is stunning!! I totaly love everything about it...the layering,the colors,the flowers...perfect!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So cool! I just LOVE the flowers and the layout!

Kay Miller said...

Karen this is just beautiful! The cluster of big flowers is just wonderful! Such lovely work!

Hannelie said...

I just love your beautiful card Karen!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Marybeth said...

I love this fun design Karen .you always know how to pull it all together. I like the way you added the infix folder and even made that blend in. Beautiful!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You predict a bumper crop of entries and i am sure you are right, Karen!

Love your card's elements, with the perspective of looking down upon them. Fabulous idea.

Laurie Unger said...

Beautifully done! Now to create something new.....

Bonnie said...

Love how you've used the Stitched Mats to create a vase and those pretty flowers and foliage! The twine is a nice touch! Beautiful card, Karen!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Nice card. Well done.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen your flowers are just so beautiful, I love that PTI set and your lined them up perfectly!

Joni Andaya said...

What Gorgeous flowers Karen!!! Love the way you put all the colors together. So Pretty!

Darnell said...

How unique! What a fun card from a different point of view, impeccably executed! Simply spectacular, Karen!! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Wowzer! What an eye-catcher this is, Karen! Your hand dyed wool leaves are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for following my blog--I so appreciate your encouragement.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karen, your card is gorgeous! I want to tell you that I've nominated your blog for the Liebster award! You can see the details on my blog: http://stampsatplay.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award.html

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow, stunning!
laura