25 May 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fun with Felt

Hello there. Today I am joining in with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  Fun with Felt.
The designer felty's are so gorgeous and very inspiring.
I wanted to join in because I come from a quilting background, so anything that is fabric, especially wool, makes my heart sing.

Here is my take on the challenge.



The only suitable felt colours I had were the brighter pink and the darker green. So, I raided my dyed felted wool (it's boiled in the dying process hence the felting) stash for the other colours. I love dyed wool, it's a joy to work with.

The dies I have used to make the flowers are Spellbinders Rose Creations set. I love their wobbly edges. There are six flowers and three leaves in the set. 
The green paper leaves are an Elizabeth die set.
The banner is MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX.
The sentiment is Avery Elle.
The centre of the flowers are enamel dots. They seemed a bit stark so I used a tooth pick to dot them with acrylic paint. They kind of look as if Lady Birds have rested there!

Must post. It is the last day of the challenge.

As always, thank you so much for dropping by. 


3 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful, dimensional card, Karen!

Hannelie said...

LOVE it!

Caryn said...

What a stunning design, love the banner and the soft felt flowers.
Thanks for joining in at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx