27 June 2016

Color Throwdown 398

The second card for today is for  Color Throwdown 398. Look at the divine colours in the inspiration photo.



I normally make flower cards (because I adore flower stamps), but I thought this inspiration called for something different. So I decided feathers.....why not? Well, I must have die cut and painted about seven sets of feathers in the early hours of the morning. In the end, it was a blurry mess of colour.
After a few hours sleep, I was able to choose two of the feathers and make this card.



Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers die, 
Stamp and dies set PTI Larger than Life 
MFT Stitched Rounded Rectangle Stax

I was commenting on someone's blog this morning ( I am very sorry I can't remember who), she had written a thank you at the end of her blog with the three or four challenges she was entering.
She said 'thank you to those who owned and ran challenge blogs because she was so grateful to have a place to share her creations.' I thought, how lovely!! I too am very grateful to all those who give their time so generously, more than you will know. 
I craft in complete isolation and I work at home. My darling friends are not at all interested in paper crafts and that is fine, we share other interests. My huge city of Auckland, with over a million people, boasts one small, dedicated, brick and mortar papercrafts shop. There are several home-based businesses, but they are on the other side of the city and deal mostly in scrapbooking. So many of these stores have closed down over the last few years, so there is nowhere to go and do classes, or join groups. 
Back to the challenges and blogging in general,  I am so grateful you are out there fellow crafters. 
Sending hugs and thanks as I push the 'publish' button to share once again.

3 comments:

Hannelie said...

I also craft in complete isolation Karen so I share your thoughts and feelings of thankfulness for a blogland full of crafters ! Your feathers look amazing! Stunning card as always. Hugs x

Bonnie said...

I love these pretty feathers against the wood grain, and that pretty bow!

Broni said...

I love how these feathers turned out! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!