04 July 2016

SSS Monday Challenge - Tic Tac Toe

Yesterday, I nipped over to the SSS Monday Challenge. to check out the theme for the current challenge. To my very great delight and surprise, my humble wee tag for the last challenge had been chosen for Designer Spotlight! See tag here.

The theme for the current challenge is Tic Tac Toe


For no particular reason, I chose Stamp, Cardboard and Washi. I decided on another tag, this one with a Christmas theme.
It amazes me how, in my old age, the most mundane of tasks can be so relaxing. My brain deciphered cardboard as corrugated, my spray box sat nearby with its flap extended, so off it came. I then sat for the next 20 minutes quietly removing the top layer of paper. I now have enough corrugated board for three tags. Very satisfying. I like fussy cutting images too. LOL

The washi is black and white zig zag at the bottom of the tag, and the stamping is a flower over the corrugations (so the pattern is lost) and the round frame under the flowers is also stamped.

I pulled out my old, black-edged, box frame to photograph the tag. To use it for photography and changeable art, I have removed the glass and replaced it with a piece of solid art framers mat (or is that matte) board. It has a wee square of sticky-backed velcro in the middle. The tags (or other small pieces) also get a wee square. 




Stamp on round frame is Bo Bunny ROUGH IT UP (one of three)
Foliage is a Silhouette cut I made from a pine branch photo, an old hand punch and Cottage Cutz Die 'Greenery'.
Flowers are MFT Rolled Daisy backed with a hand punch daisy.  The smaller  flower is purchased.
Merry Christmas is SSS
Round frame is old Maya Road?? Came in a tin with many other pieces.
I have used Golden Fluid Acrylic Tit. White, Distress ink Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss, Versacolor Lime Pigment ink and Black Versafine. Dabs of Glossy Accents on the flowers.

Thanks for dropping in and taking a look.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, this tag is gorgeous, Karen!! The cardboard actually looks like painted metal to me, you know the kind of corrugated metal that was on the side of old sheds years ago. I love the flowers, leaves and beautiful twine bow with the cutest little button. The sequins add the perfect finishing touch to this beautiful tag. Awesome job!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on being spotlighted at SSS, Karen! I'm not a bit surprised! And this tag looks like another winner! AWESOME! Maybe you should keep it in the frame!