24 August 2016

Color Throwdown #407 - Guest Stamper

Hi Everyone. Today I have the pleasure of being Guest Stamper on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog. I was chosen via random.org, to be the guest this week. Have a look at the gorgeous inspiration image and colours.




The colours and image are fresh and modern so I decided to keep the card fairly simple. At first, I focused in on the white jugs, and even created a jug file with cut pieces from the Silhouette. I will use them another time. Anyway, somewhere along the way I went from jugs to feathers.
The background has a light swoosh of Squeezed Lemon distress ink through this stencil.







Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers Stamps and Dies
Tim Holtz Stripes Stencil and Distress ink
Hero Arts  White Embossing Powder
Simply Graphic Seams Dies
Sentiment Computer

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Hannelie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

kareN stampZ said...

absolutely adore what you've created - hi from another Karen from NZ

Lyn said...

Congrats on your guest spot and your card is beautiful <3

Karren said...

This is just gorgeous, Karen and so beautifully CAS. You do so many styles so well! BTW, Simply Create Too Challenge have a feathers challenge at the moment. You should consider linking up there.

Stampingcountry said...

Beautiful, Eclectic Card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Karen, you totally rocked the throwdown colors! Love these feathers and the way you offset them on blue! Don't you just love the mini Tim Holtz stencils?! I don't think I have this striped one yet, but it's on my wish list now. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your well deserved spot as Guest Stamper, Karen! I love your embossed feathers! They are some of the prettiest feathers I've seen! Love that stenciled background too! It's a perfect backdrop for the feathers!

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful use of the colors, love the feathers! Hugs, Autumn