15 October 2013

ColourQ Challenge #210

The quilt in this weeks ColourQ challenge inspiration photo is so graphic and bold. I love the Flying geese and half square triangles, so I thought something pointy would be the way to go.


I chose a diamond border from Papertrey ink to give the points and bold colours I wanted.
I really restrained myself from using ribbons and twines and stayed with a bold sentiment and a few sequins.




Stamps: PTI and Hero Arts.
Dies: PTI 
Ink: Versafine black, Memento
Card: Kaisercraft
Other: sequins and pearls

Another post to come.
Thanks for dropping in.
Karen

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and pretty, Karen! Perfect take on that inspiration photo! It didn't take long to get that PTI stuff going did it? LOL, I need to train my DH a little better!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your colorful diamonds, you've captured the quilt quite well! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Karren said...

Love the graphic look to your card, Karen. A great way to combine the colours.

LeAnne said...

WOWOWOW! This is stunning...a dead ringer for the inspiration photo! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us this week!