15 October 2013

Fusion Card Challenge #19

Grey, pink, black and white is such a striking colour combination.
I am definitely showing my age here, but I do remember wearing these colours in the 80's, a la Joan Collins, with shoulders pads!! So funny to look back at old photos........what were we thinking!!

I decided to go with fusion for this weeks Fusion Challenge.


At first I had no idea where I was heading with this card. I started with the bird and grasses and built it from there. I am pleased with the outcome. As with my last card, I resisted the strong urge to add twine or ribbon.
I stamped the bird on the white base, then stamped it again and cut it out to raise it on foam. The grasses are a wee stamp stamped three times.







Stamps: Inkadinkadoo bird, Hero arts, Not sure about the grasses.
Dies: PTI, wee butterfly punch, Cropadile corner rounder
Inks: Versafine black, Versacolor Pink, Hero Arts white embossing powder
Card: Neenah white, Kaisercraft
Other: Sequins and Rhinestones

That's it from me. Time to cook hubby dinner.
I hope you're having a creative day.
Karen

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty pop of pink!

Geri said...

Karen, this is so striking and lovely! The fussy cut bird above those fun grasses is a great look! Love the gray and black and sequins, too! It's a beautiful card!!! So nice to have you back at FUSION!!!

~amy~ said...

Karen, this is wonderful...so bold yet feminine! Awesome work! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Anonymous said...

I love your use of sequins! I'm tempted to use that idea on my cards too :-) Simple but well-placed. Lovely cards as usual! :-)

Lyndal said...

Beautiful stamping Karen! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Karen! That bird looks beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely Karen! Oh I did love a shoulder pad! Vicky x