02 October 2013

Fusion Card Challenge #18

Hello everyone. Another day, another challenge.
Today is a challenge from Fusion. They have the best inspiration images. This time I was inspired by the image, it was the lovely stylized flowers on the mug.



This is what I came up with.
I drew the leaves in a drawing program and arranged them for printing, with a black outline, on the card base.
I coloured the leaves with one of my two copic markers. I am so sold on how well they blend on any surface, in this case, linen texture. I am also pleased that they didn't drag the printed inkjet outline. They are very expensive here in NZ, so I have decided on a regime of purchasing a few a month.
Unfortunately I can't purchase from the US as they won't sell to NZ residents. This is the same with Stampin Up products, as far as I know anyway. :-(
The daisy is a favorite Penny Black stamp I have had for some time.



Stamp: Daisy Penny Black Burst of Blue 2640E, Leaves printed (see below)
Inks: Copic and Distress markers
Paper: Kaskad Linen white, Kaisercraft teal, black and aqua (behind the daisies)
Die: Memory Box PARKER LOWER ALPHABET SET Craft DIE 98363, hand held punches for the daisy centres.



That's it from me for today.
Happy crafting
Karen

7 comments:

Karren said...

Hey, Karen. Great graphic card! You should check out YouShop which is a NZ Post initiative. It gives you a US shipping address which you can get things like Copics shipped to. From there, YouShop will ship to your NZ address. I've used it several times and love it - especially for those online stamp stores that offer free shipping within the US. http://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop. Stampin' Up won't sell outside country borders, but there are NZ demos.

~amy~ said...

Wow, this is awesome! love how bold it is!

Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Amazing design!! So fun and I love the combination of colors. Loll xx

Kelly Griglione said...

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE how you drew and printed your own leaves ... so resourceful and it turned out wonderfully! Also happy to see how you were inspired by the photo, focusing on a small detail like that. Really love how your card turned out. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is incredible!

Geri said...

This is a gorgeous card, Karen! I'd love to know what drawing program you use and how you like it, if you have time to share! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION with this...a wonderful take on the inspiration!!!

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to say hello, Karen! Love those tall flowers and the buttons and bling!