08 October 2013

The Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge # 78

The entries in last weeks challenge were so wonderfully vibrant with the touch of pink in the cards. Congratulations to the winners. Looking forward to your entries for this week.

Now we have beautiful native birds here in New Zealand but nothing as bright as the Cardinal. Wonderful! A fabulous image you have chosen Lesley. So perfect to inspire a great 'bird' Christmas card for this Merry Monday Challenge.




I kept the red bird because it compliments the greens and I wanted to stay with traditionalish Christmas colours.


The side trim is cut from a piece of card embossed with  the Cuttlebug Wicker Weave folder. I know I will use this often because I love the embossed pointy bits, and, one embossed A2 card makes lots of trim strips. :-) You just need to remember to adjust the height of your card to match the trim (if you want complete points). Ask me how I know this!! :-0




Stamps: 7Gypsies Victoria Birds, PTI Sentiment Wonderful Words - Holiday, Avery Elle Petals and Stems
Dies: Avery Elle, Spellbinders Scallop circle, Cuttlebug Wicker Weave Embossing folder
Card: Kaisercraft, Neenah white
Ink: PTI, Versamark, Versafine black.

Check out the cards from the other design team members, I have had a sneak peak and they are all fabulous.

Happy creating!
Karen

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh aren't you clever to use that embossing folder as a trim! Great idea. Your card is gorgeous, Karen! Love the bold design and colours.

Wendy said...

Pretty card, Karen! Love that embossing folder and how you used it. Your bird is awesome as is the layout! The use of the sequins is very eye catching too! :)

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous card, your style is amazing!

enjoy *~*

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful card, Karen! That bird is amazing. But looks like you are a bird expert!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful collage of colors and textures, Karen! I love the way you did that embossed edge and that big, beautiful sentiment! Have a great week!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is beautiful Karen, I love the layout and the pretty colours.

Karren said...

This is a great card, Karen. I love how you manage to arrange different elements so perfectly on your card!

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Great design tip for using the folder to cut a fancy edge - love it!! Your card is fantastic ... I love all the bits and pieces that all work so beautifully together to create a gorgeous card. Loll xx

Susan Joyce said...

Nice arrangement of elements Karen, beautiful colours, such a lovely Christmas card.

Julia Aston said...

I love all the beautiful layers on this!

stampwithsandy said...

This is amazing, Karen! Love the collage look, the fun colors and all the layers.

Greta said...

Brilliant use of the embossing folder & that bird is gorgeous!

Karen Harris said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love how you've mixed the alphabets and you're creativity in using the embossing folder.

Kelly Griglione said...

Nice embossing, and I love your take on a non-traditional Christmas card! Just beautiful.

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Now that is a gorgeous card!! So bright and striking. I just love it!!