07 October 2013

The Shabby Tearoom Challenge #187 - Sketch This

Well this was a lovely honor. Debbie from The Shabby Tearoom emailed to ask if I would like to be guest designer for this challenge # 187.  When she emailed the inspiration image through I was rather surprised to see a sketch!
So.....I can use any colour combination, and any theme I want. Hmmmmm??
I don't know if it happens this way for everyone, but most often, when I first see an image, a hint of an idea will pop into my head. Nine times out of ten, I stick with that thought. This time.....hydrangeas, script and duck egg blue. Go figure!


Here is the card in very soft colours.


I stamped the Hydrangea on to ledger paper and cut it out. The only place the ledger paper shows is in the two red lines through the leaves. A little odd perhaps but it seemed like a good idea at the time. The hydrangea looked rather flat (literally) on the card, so I restamped it several times, cut out and coloured each of the wee flowers, then 'popped' them up on the background using a tiny dab of glue in the middle of the flower. I finished them by dropping a wheeny bit of Stickles in the centre of each flower.


Stamps: Hero Arts sentiment,  Penny Black hydrangea stamp.
Ink: Versamark black, pastels to colour the leaves and flowers. distress ink for the edges
Paper: Neenah White, PTI rustic white, Bazzill soft blue, MME Ledger paper and blue and White gingham
Dies: PTI Mat Stack 5, Cropadile 1/2" corner rounder, Hero Arts Frame cuts for the wee banner
Extras: Seam binding, twine, buttons, pearls, paper flowers, braid

Well there it is. Thank you Debbie for inviting me to join your very talented team this week. A huge thrill.
Happy creating to all. I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Karen

2 comments:

Lesley said...

My goodness, you made my sketch look amazing, Karen!!! So excited to be designing with you this month at the SBTR! Your card is gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful hydrangea, Karen! This card is so feminine and beautiful!