01 May 2016

Merry Monday #202 {Let it Snow!}

Kathy's challenge at Merry Monday this week is 'Let It Snow'. I didn't have any stamps relating to snow so I decided a little white splatter on the background would do the trick. And it did, but, I am so pleased I didn't have visitors at the time......when I passed a mirror a while later my face and glasses could also have been entered in the challenge. What a hoot. It took some scrubbing to remove it as I had used acrylic paint to get opaque splatters. I really need to refine my splattering technique!! Perhaps a splattering booth is required, with protective gear. LOL

Here is the inspiration photo.




 I chose very non-traditional colours.  I used Winsor and Newton Watercolour paints for the background. The stamp set is W Plus 9's 'Woodland Wreath' with a few pieces from other sets.

woodland wreath w plus 9 card christmas

woodland wreaths wplus9 card
W Plus 9 Woodland Wreaths

Happy stamping.
Karen

7 comments:

francesca said...

beautiful card! :)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, amazing card! I am absolutely in love with your water colored background with white splashes. All the elements are so appropriate, and the white sentiment die cut stands out pretty. - Sweet Kobylkin

Greta said...

So gorgeous, Karen! One of my favorite Christmas cards!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful colors, Karen! And I love how you've done the snow! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! LOVE the watercolour behind your gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the gorgeous background behind your pretty wreath, Karen! Sounds like you found the need for a whole new line of crafting apparel - LOL!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Your "snow" came out fabulously!